Followers

Thursday, September 12, 2024

Island Batik Adventurous Applique Blog Hop

 


The Island Batik fabrics shipped to me for this Challenge are the
TRANQUIL MOMENTS fabric line.
The quilt shops carrying the TRANQUIL MOENTS fabric line are listed below:

QUILT COUNTRY, Lewisville, TX
UNIQUELY YOURS, Rolla, MO
DUTCHMANS STORE, Cantril, IA
LAURAL'S FABRICS AND MORE, Lino Lakes, MN
UNIQUELY YOURS, Rolla, MO

The challenge Using Aurifil Thread
  • Project Type: Quilt
  • Size: Lap or larger
  • Must use the Spring 2024 fabric bundle Tranquil Moments
  • Technique: Edge-coloring appliqué

To finish the edges of our appliques, each Ambassador received 5 small coordinating thread spools from Aurifil Thread.

I started my project in EQ8 and used a stabilizer on the back of the fabrics for my flower petals, centers and leaves by sewing the stabilizer to my fabrics using my Schmetz Needles.

After all the stabilizer was sewn onto the fabrics, I trimmed all the pieces and started sewing them onto my background fabrics.

I kept building my flower blocks and start to thread sketch applique my flower parts on the background fabric.  I added sashing and another flower in the center of the quilt.  

And my funky flowers are coming together!!

And the final quilt top is done!
It still needs to be quilted and I will share that photo a little later this month. 

Thank you to the 2024 Island Batik partners
@aurifilthread, @hobbsbatting, @studio180design, @schmetzneedles, @patternsbyannie, @funkyfriendsfactory, @olisohome

Don't forget that I am an affiliate for the Missouri Star Quilt Company.  If you use my link 
you can get 20% off any order of $50 or more and I may receive a small commission.
Thanks Missouri Star Quilt Company!

3 comments:

Quilting Tangent said...

Pretty Quilt.

Jennifer Thomas said...

Looks like it was fun to make! Have fun quilting it.

Anonymous said...

çok güzel bir makale olmuş teşekkür ederim elinize emeğinize sağlık sayın admin. daha fazla paylaşımlarınızı bekliyoruz Memur