Followers

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Island Batik Ambassador Marvelous Mini Challenge


 August is all about Mini Quilts and I do love a mini quilt challenge! We were challenged to make a quilt in the size range between 12 to 24 inches on a side and no larger than 24 inches.


I decided to use two Island Batik's Stash Builder rolls to make this mini quilt blue and yellow.  I found a 3" finished pineapple foundation paper and made copies on foundation paper.
Now the sewing begins and I'm using my favorite notions,


My initial plan started with two 6" pineapple blocks to be included with the 3" blocks, and I wasn't pleased with the result of this combination and various layouts.


So I changed my mind and only used the 3" blocks with setting triangles.  I tried a few different layouts and decided on this one and completed sewing my little quilt top.  I gave the finished mini quilt top a good pressing with my Oliso Iron before quilting it with a small piece of Hobbs Tuscany Collection batting.
The finished quilt measures 8-1/4" x 14-1/4"



I hope you enjoyed seeing my finished mini quilt.  Please follow the Island Batik Facebook page if you want to see all of the Ambassador's finished challenge projects.  The finished projects are always amazing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

So tiny! Love the colors.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Love your pineapple mini, Carol!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas said...

Super cute!