Monday, April 15, 2024

Funky Friends Island Batik April Challenge

 

For our April Island Batik Ambassador Challenge I chose to make the Patch Pussy Cat pattern. Of course I didn't choose a beginner pattern, I jumped in the deep end! I've never made a stuffed animal, ever! This was a first for me!

Being new to the Ambassador program I had to choose fabrics from my initial shipment and selected a Halloween theme coloring for my cat.

I followed the instructions to the letter and it was a challenge for me since I had more experience making quilts, clothing and home sewing projects. I used buttons for his eyes and was trying to get a calico look.


All the pattern pieces were printed out on my printer to regular printer paper. I cut them out an pinned them to my fabrics and cut exactly as the directions indicated. There was also a downloadable photo tutorial which was very helpful in making this project. If you follow all of Pauline's instructions, you too will be able to create an adorable stuffed friend. Do go to the Funky Friends website to see all the downloadable patterns available. There are so many to choose from! If this is your first time at making one, do start with a beginner pattern!

Thank you Island BatikAurifil ThreadSchmetz Needles and Funky Friends Factory! The Ambassador challenges would not be possible if not for these generous partnerships.



4 comments:

Pamela said...

So cute! Makes me want to sew one, too!

teachpany said...

Really cute, and I love that you alternated colors.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

That is one adorable calico kitty, Carol!!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas said...

So cute, and ready for Halloween! Have a fabulous day!