Friday, March 15, 2024

 


The March Island Batik Ambassador challenge was up to the Ambassadors!  I just love the Flutter Wings precut strips so I created stars with these fabrics and I made very colorful stars using  Electric Quilt (EQ8).



I used strips for my star points and the squares from the yardage as the backgroup fabric.  The stars come together as an easy nine patch.  Here are the smaller stars that I decided to put in the center of the quilt  after I designed it.  The blocks are 12" squares and the border is 2.25" making the quilt a 40" X 40" square to be used as a wall hanging or table topper.






The Sponsor's products used to make this quilt were Electric Quilt EQ8Aurifil Thread (50 weight)Schmetz Microtex Needles, Hobbs Batting and the Oliso iron (which I'm loving!).  And here's my finished quilt...


and with some of the scraps I made a table runner!


This was a fun challenge and I love the way the quilt turned out.  Now on to the April challenge!


4 comments:

Preeti said...

Love the illusion of curves! And a bonus project that is just so beautiful 😍 Win Win!!!

Nicky Evans said...

That is gorgeous! The color palette is beautiful. Love the stars and the look of the curved edges. Is there a pattern available?

Sandi Richmond said...

I just love the pattern and the placement of fabric really makes this quilt pop. Well done...can't wait to purchase the fabrics and make this quilt. When will the fabrics and your pattern be available?

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

I love it!! Great job!