Sunday, June 23, 2024

Create for a Cause - Island Batik June Challenge


The month of June Island Batik Ambassador challenge was to make a Quilts Across America donation quilt.


Studio 180 provided me with the Four Patch Square Up trim down ruler so I made LOTS and LOTS of four patches!

 


 

I gave a lot of thought to the fabrics I could use from my January shipment that children and teens would like. I had a good amount of the Heavy Metal line of fabric left over from my February challenge and knew purples would be something kids and teens would love. So I started making four patch blocks from all the leftover fabric and used the remaining large chunks on the back. I used the Studio 180 Four Patch trim tool on all the four patches to make sure they were all the perfect size. I do hope this quilt makes the child receiving it very happy. It was made with lots of love and good wishes for the recipient.



This quilt has my little Sophie's approval!

Please visit my fellow ambassadors throughout the months as they share their quilts with us.

Boatright, Pamela: www.Pamelaquilts.com
Deshensky, Susan: www.ladybluequilts.com
Hatziioannidi, Mania: www.maniaforquilts.com
Kresin Campbell, Connie: https://conniekresin.com/
Looney, Denise: https://quiltery.com
McAuliffe, Maryellen: https://www.marymackmademine.com/
Schweri, Julia: inflorescencedesigns.com


3 comments:

Jennifer Schifano Thomas said...

Very pretty! I'm sure the recipient is going to love it. Have a fabulous day!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

So pretty!! Love the purples. This is one ruler I wish I owned!!

Pamela said...

Very pretty, the colors are so soothing!