Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Let me introduce myself...

Hi, my name is Carol Stanek, a Certified Judy Niemeyer Instructor in Georgia.

Here's a little of my history ... I grew up in Connecticut and have been sewing since I was 11 years old.  I have sewn clothing for myself and children to creating home dec items for decorators.  I moved to Georgia in 2006 and have 3 adult children, several fur babies who I've rescued, and am known for teaching foundation paper piecing.

But that isn't the only thing I do.  I love fabric!  When I moved to Georgia, I started working in a quilt shop on weekends for several years and loved helping customers select fabrics for their quilts.  I attended Sulky's Teacher Certification Class in 2009 and 2010.  Since then, I was teaching quilting, landscapes and thread embellishing classes.  When I took my first Judy Niemeyer class in 2013, I was hooked on paper piecing!  I became a Certified Instructor in 2015!  That was an endeavor over several years!  I also am also a Gem Affiliate with representing MJ Kinman and a Creative Grids Instructor. 

By now you've probably figured out I love challenges!  If you love quilts, please stick with me because I've taken on a new challenge.  I'll be sharing that with you very soon!


No comments: